When we think positively and combine those thoughts with movement and conscious acts of self-love, our body is much more open and receptive to accepting and embracing healing.
In synergy with Thyroid Yoga®, affirmations work to amplify our intentions and healing, fast. Reframing the language around our movement and healing practices and choosing to focus on the positive health and wellness benefits rather than the outcome in pounds or inches invites us to be gentle with ourselves.
“I notice that in my own practice, by sending out positive vibes I can emotionally feel the warm hug of the Universe.
However, I didn’t always treat myself with kindness.
At one time, when I looked at myself in the mirror, I loathed my reflection and would say terrible things to myself, things I would never say to a friend or lover. So body love didn't exactly come naturally to me. I spent years fighting my body when I was struggling with Hashimoto's hypothyroidism and working hard to treat symptoms like brain fog, muscle stiffness, fatigue, and weight gain.
Through exercise, meditation, and an anti-inflammatory diet, I have been extremely successful at treating my thyroid imbalance and autoimmune condition. So successful, in fact, that I’ve come to love my body in a way I never imagined possible.” - Fern Olivia
Choose an affirmation that works for you and repeat it daily in the morning as part of your daily sadhana, or ritual.
How to use your affirmation:
Take a deep breath in for a count of 4.
Hold at the top of the breath for a count of 4.
Slowly exhale for a count of 4 as you recite the affirmation in your mind.
Repeat this process 3 times to invite the affirmation to resonate and vibrate into your body.
I love to roll on Radiance Alchemy on my throat chakra, heart, and wrists before my practice while repeating the affirmation "I am radiant."
Any time you notice a negative thought pattern, repeat your affirmation.
Thyroid & Fifth chakra AFFIRMATIONS
1. I speak my thoughts clearly with grace and integrity.
2. I am gentle with my words.
3. I speak up for myself when I need to and release the fear of being judged.
4. I own my power and feel fully alive.
5. I express myself creatively through speech, writing, or art.
6. I can say "no" when it is necessary.
7. I speak in alignment with my most authentic truth.
8. I communicate my feelings with ease.
9. I listen to hear and listen with interest.
10. I am free to express myself with love, truth, and gratitude.
11. I love and approve of myself.
12. I am calm, confident, and well spoken.
13. I always follow and honor my intuition.
14. I am able to express myself with clarity and consciousness.
15. I am able to receive communication with coherence and compassion.
16. I nourish my spirit through creativity.
17. I live an authentic life and am following my dreams.
18. I listen to my body and my feelings to know what my truth is.
19. I say what I mean and mean what I say.
20. I speak and communicate with love and honor.
21. I express my thoughts genuinely and with clarity.